Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hag

Let me just preface this by saying, if you have any qualms with homosexuality you probably should stop reading and just un-friend me from life because I don't think we're going to get along all that great. I am usually not the type to wear my religious and political opinions on my sleeve unless something really peeves me, but make no mistake, my beliefs are solid and not going to change anytime soon.

Recently I posted a controversial video on my Facebook wall that depicted a Christian pastor reaching out to the homosexual youth of his congregation. He asked these young people to approach the stage to "be saved from the sin of homosexuality." He said he loved them, he forgave them, he welcomed them back into the church because they were tricked by "perverts" who made them think that they could possibly be homosexual.

Does anybody else think that's crazy? Because I certainly do. And if someone said that to my child at church I would be the first person up there saying "Fuck you, buddy. God gave me this kid so he must've had some sort of plan here." I just don't understand the whole "homosexuality is a sin" concept. I was raised Catholic, I've gone to Catholic school for 16 years so needless to say I've read the Bible a few times and have a pretty great relationship with the man upstairs. But never once in my life have I felt any hostility towards gay people. It just doesn't make sense to me that someone could harbor such intense hate for another person just based on their sexuality. I don't care who you want to spend your life with! You can marry a man or a woman or a flippin goat if that's what makes you happy and gives your life meaning. Hate just seems to waste everyone's time. Case and point: Westbro Baptist Church. If they took all of that energy and focused it somewhere positive I wager that they could cure world poverty.

I'm with this guy. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment