Monday, July 18, 2011

Until The Very End

I just need to get this off my chest: So one thing about me is that the more tired I am the more observant I am. That said, most of what I observe annoys me when I'm tired. For instance: I've said it before, but I'll say it again, ladies, leggings are never ever ever never an acceptable substitute for pants. And if you're going to disgrace yourself by wearing leggings to class and in other public forums, please for the love of all that is holy and good, DON'T wear underwear with seams. If you can see it in the mirror, I can see it when you're walking around. It's bright outside. Leggings are not jeans. You can see right through 'em. Do us all a favor and save that for your house. Thanks.

Anywhoo. Now that's out, I can get onto what this post is really about: Harry Potter 7 Part 2. Anyone who knows me is aware that there are very few things of which I am truly a "fan." There are things that I like and enjoy a great deal, but being a fan takes a commitment. My dad has Longhorn football and I have Harry Potter. As a kid I was never a very good reader so I never wanted to take the time to try. Then my mom started to read me Harry Potter. She'd lay down with me every night and read until I fell asleep. I loved every single minute. I was so young and just fell in love with the story. I mean come on, who in my age group wasn't convinced that owl was going to show up on their 11th birthday? As I got older I started reading the books for myself (I'm actually a very great reader now, in case you were wondering) and now I listen to the audiobooks. No matter how stressed or upset I am, turning on the Harry Potter audiobooks instantly calms me down and I'm asleep within minutes. So, obviously, I'm a Harry Potter fan.

I've seen all the movies and, to be honest, most have been semi-disappointing. It's hard to turn that level of detail into a 2 hour blockbuster. Regardless, this being the last movie ever, my cousin, Macy and I decided to go at midnight. We donned our Quidditch jerseys (yeah, I said it. That's what you get when you spend three days at Harry Potter World) and had our wands clutched in our hands. There were things left out of the movie, I knew there would be, but overall I was mesmerized the whole time. Not going to lie, cried a few times. I loved the way they portrayed the most important parts of the book. I would probably see it again haha.

I just re-read this post and thought to myself "..And you wonder why you haven't gotten any dates lately. Stop talking about Harry Potter." But hey, at least I'm not a hoarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment