Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Roadtrippin.

I cannot express how welcome this week has been! Taking 18 hours plus an internship this semester is quite an undertaking and it has been very difficult to have any spare time. When I'm not in class or at work I'm doing homework or sleeping. So this week has been fantastic. I had one day where I actually slept past noon and then literally did nothing all day. Blissful oblivion.

On Monday, on of my very best friends, Liz, and I decided to take a roadtrip to Galveston. Our friend Issac who lives there invited us down and his family has a beach house. Meaning we get to stay for free. The word "free" equates to "abra-fucking-cadabra" in the mind of a college student. So Liz and I jumped on the opportunity. And come on? Why would I pass up a chance to take a roadtrip? So on Monday afternoon I ventured the 2 hours to College Station to get Liz then we got our customary Chicken Express sweet tea, plugged in the GPS and settled in for the 3 hour drive to the island.

This three day vacation was exactly what I needed! Yesterday Liz and I woke up around noon, went to meet Isaac at his karate studio, got some lunch then laid out on the beach until the sun started to fade. That night we donned some fierce heels and Isaac took us out to one of the local clubs.

We headed back to the mainland today with tanner skin and lighter souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment