Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tea and Crumpets

So for Lent I was planning to give up reality TV. About 10 minutes ago, however, I discovered an every-episode-ever Intervention marathon. So...that didn't really last past the ashes. I'll have to think of something else to give up. Reality TV is just too compelling. I'll cut down, but let's face it, by life is boring and the lives of teen moms, spoiled housewives, and people who hoard is much more entertaining. I've made peace with that fact. I know it's trashy television, but you have to enjoy the little things.

I've been thinking about it lately, and I've compiled a short list entitled Reasons Why the British Are a Superior People here are some of my favorites:
1. Tea time. We have cigarette breaks. They have breaks where people stop what they are doing and drink tea. That sounds like my nirvana.
2. The accent. Need I elaborate?
3. They have produced some of the greatest people in existence: The Beatles, Shakespeare, Sean Connery, David Beckham (and his body). Just to name a few!

Today I discovered yet another reason why British people are a hell of a lot cooler than us: they have a Dumbledore stamp. Yeah, you heard me, a postage stamp bearing the image of Dumbledore. I love Harry Potter and I'm not ashamed in the slightest about it. I would use the shit out of those stamps. I would mail everything. I would neglect my email accounts so that I could use my Dumbledore stamps. Come on United States Postal Service, get on my level. Pine cones, really? The Liberty Bell? That's original. Everyone complains that people never mail letters anymore. Well maybe if we spiced things up a bit we would see a hand-written letter revival. Food for thought.

1 comment:

  1. hi this is ur loving cousin in virginia... just had to say i believe sean connery is scottish... just sayin. LOVE U

    ReplyDelete