Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Friday, I'm In Love

What is it about a Friday that just makes the world better? I don't know about you, but I just wake up on the right side of the bed on Friday mornings. Even the fact that our apartment is still falling apart around us isn't getting me down. Not to mention that while running errands with my roommate, Caroline, we came across a lovely girl scout peddling delicious cookies. Naturally we pooled our resources and invested in this young girl's business endeavor. I mean come on, they cost $3.50 a box. We had to help her meet her goal and get that giraffe key chain, right? And have you ever had a frozen thin mint with a glass of milk in the middle of the night after a party? If not, get on my level. It'll change your life.

One thing that did threaten to bum my Friday high was all the stink eyes I got while driving home from work today. It was a beautiful day so I rolled my windows down, turned my music up and jammed the fuck out to Warren Zevon's song "Werewolves of London." People looked at me like I was off my rocker for enjoying my life. I would just like to say this to the citizens who may encounter me while driving in Austin: I car dance. Get over it. YOU DO IT TOO. I just don't care if people see me. So don't mean mug me. I'm sorry that your day is not going as well as mine, but I'll send good vibes your way.

This is a great song to sing on a pretty day like today. My dad and I wore it out when I was a kid. Howl along. You know you want to.
 

I'm very excited to wish Caroline a happy 21st birthday in two hours. We're going to celebrate at our apartment tomorrow night. It's going to be awesome. Hopefully the air conditioner works by then or we'll all burn up, but that's an issue to be tackled tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment