Sunday, February 27, 2011

That's My Dad

So today is a really special day for me and my family. As of today my dad has been sober for 6 months. And I have never been more proud of another human being in my entire life. To be quite honest never thought I would see the day when he would stop drinking. When he he was hospitalized in September I was prepared for the worst, but his stubborn ass just wasn't ready to go so fought and against all odds he hasn't touched alcohol since then. WHAT A FUCKING BADASS. Just sayin. It's pretty impressive. I'm just really overwhelmed by his transformation. It's like I have a whole new, fun, great dad. And it looks like this dad is going to be sticking around for a long time which I'm pretty excited about.


Because I had to drive back to ATX today I couldn't be with my dad so in honor of him I am watching is second favorite movie: Bad Santa. His number one is Casablanca...how well rounded. But I have to admit that this really is a funny movie. I don't always like Billy Bob, but he can pull of sarcasm.



1 comment:

  1. So happy too. You deserve many more happy days ahead, and new fun memories with Dad.

    Love love love your blog! You rock!

    Love,
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete