Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's Wednesday, hump day..workin towards that weekend

Today is just one of those days where I want to throw myself into a good marathon of trashy TV eat snacks alongside my roommate. So I am doing just that. After getting out of class and off work she and I are now lounging in my room laptops in hand, animal crackers, saltines, cell phones and remote all within arms reach watching the ever-so-compelling "My Strange Addiction" on TLC.

Being awakened today by the sounds of construction was not altogether unpleasant considering that the sweet melody of power tools has been my alarm for several weeks now. No, today the real excitement came when our toilet decided flood our bathroom completely of its own accord making it necessary for my roommate's lovely boyfriend to step in to save the day. We have an on call emergency maintenance staff, but a bathroom flood isn't an emergency seeing as our other roommate also has a bathroom. Go figure.

This early glitch in the day cannot overcome my joy in the fact that I do not have a paper to write tonight. Three papers due within two days was more than enough and tonight I have no homework and could not be more excited about it. This is the first evening in quite a while that I will be able to just take it easy. 

On a last note, I watched one of my favorite movies, Almost Famous, last night. The scene where everyone comes together by singing Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" is my favorite part and it's also my favorite song. One of my favorite songs to listen to in the car. I turn the volume all the way up (so I can't hear myself sing) and jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment